- Challenges for extended dynamic spectrum access below the 6GHz range in the 5G era: The SPEED-5G Case. Submitted May 20 to the 2017 IEEE 28th Annual International Symposium on Personal, Indoor, and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC)
- A two-level graph partitioning problem arising in mobile wireless communications (with Jamie Fairbrother and Adam Letchford). Submitted to Computational Optimization and Applications May 12
- Trends and challenges for autonomic RRM and MAC functionality for QoS provision and capacity expansions in the context of 5G beyond 6GHz (with Ioannis-Prodromis Belikaidis and others). Rejected by EuCNC2017 Oulu 2017-04-19
- Challenges towards enhanced dynamic spectrum access (eDSA): The SPEED-5G case (with Ioannis-Prodromis Belikaidis and others). Submitted to CLEEN2017
- The bounds of the Liberty of Ipswich. To appear in Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History
- Gannock in King's Lynn. To appear in JEPNS
- Quality of service provision and capacity expansion through extended-DSA for 5G (Uwe Herzog, Andreas Georgakopoulos, Ioannis-Prodromos Belikaidis, Michael Fitch, Keith Briggs, Salvador Diaz, Oscar Carrasco, Klaus Moessner, Benoit Miscopein, Shahid Mumtazi) IEEE 5G Feature Issue in Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies
- Convex optimisation in communications with cvxpy (Robert Gowers, Sami Al-Izzi, Timothy Pollington, Roger Hill, Keith Briggs). In preparation.
- How to estimate quantiles easily and reliably (with Fabian Ying). To appear in Mathematics Today.
- The generation of badly approximable pairs for communications via real interference alignment (with Lucie Hadley). 11th IMA International Conference on Mathematics in Signal Processing
- Middle English *gannoken ‘to regrate’ (with Rosemary Hoppitt and John Ridgard). Notes & Queries 63 (2016) 531-532 online version
- Slicing over the 5G edge cloud architecture (with Salvador Diaz and others) submitted Sep 21 to IEEE Communications Magazine special issue on network slicing in 5G systems
- 5G/eDSA use-cases: vendor hype vs. operator reality (with Michael Fitch) submitted to ISCWS Poznań 2016-07-07
- System design and autonomic RRM functionality for QoS provision and capacity expansions in the context of 5G (with Andreas Georgakopoulos and others) ISCWS Poznań SAS5G Workshop
- Centralized radio resource management for 5G small cells as LSA enabler (with Óscar Carrasco and others) EuCNC 2016 workshop, Athens, June 27-30
- A virtualized 5G edge architecture for ultra-dense small-cell deployments (with Antonio De Domenico and others). IEEE Wireless Communications special issue on architecture for next generation wireless networks: scalability, flexibility and interoperability. Submitted 2016-04-29
- Quality of service provision and capacity expansion through extended-DSA for 5G (with Uwe Herzog and others), 5G Feature Issue in Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies. Submitted April 11; accepted for publication May 06
- (book) A dictionary of Suffolk place-names (with Kelly Kilpatrick). Nottingham: EPNS & SIAH
- Energy-efficient architecture for 5G systems: the SPEED-5G proposal (with others)
- A Suffolk miscellany: : East Bergholt, Gulpher, Harkstead, Hussey Green, Maidstone, Orwell, Purton Green, Rodbridge, Throughton, Undley, Walsham le Willows, Wenhaston, Whitton. Journal of the English Place-Name Society 47 (2015) 19–37
- A computational approach to generating badly approximable pairs for communications applications (with Lucie Hadley)
- Scandinavian elements in Suffolk place-names (with David Boulton), to appear in Proceedings of Norna 44, Caen 2014
- Report on the Norna 44 conference, Caen. SNSBI Newsletter 9 (Autumn 2014), 7.
- Computational aspects of simultaneous Diophantine approximation, in V. Brattka and M. Ziegler (eds.), Proceedings of the Eleventh International Conference on Computability and Complexity in Analysis (CCA2014) p.22. Presented at TU Darmstadt 2014-07-23.
Mobility and bandwidth prediction in virtualized LTE systems: architecture and challenges (Georgios Karagiannis, Almerima Jamakovic, Keith Briggs, Morteza Karimzadeh, Carlos Parada, Marius Julian Corici, Tarik Taleb). EuCNC 2014, Bologna, June 23–26.
- Enhanced algorithms for TV whitespace power maximization (with Jamie Fairbrother), presented by KB at EuCAP2014, Den Haag April 6-11
- Spectrum micro-trading for mobile operators (Richard MacKenzie, Keith Briggs, Pål Grønsund, Per Hjalmar Lehne). IEEE Wireless Communications vol. 20, no. 6 (December 2013), 6–13
- Boulge, Suffolk. Journal of the English Place-name Society 45 (2013) 5–11
- Offering analytics as an enabling cloud service (Thijs Metsch, Andrew Edmonds, Piyush Harsh, Florian Antonescu, Keith Briggs). Submitted to IEEE International Workshop on Cloud Analytics 2013-11-24
- Admission control algorithms. Chapter for MCN deliverable D3.2. 2013-09-15
- Mobility prediction algorithms. Chapter for MCN deliverable D4.1. 2013-09-15
- Felixstowe and other saint+stōw place-names in Suffolk. Submitted to Nomina 2013-07-15
- QoSMOS D6.6: Spectrum management framework integration and implementation (Keith Briggs, editor) Dec 31
- The early English place-name suffix -ia: an expression of romanitas? (for Proceedings of Power and place in Later Roman and early medieval Europe) Aug 24
- Review of E. Okasha, Women's names in Old English for SNSBI Newsletter. Aug 23
- The history of Suffolk place-names (slides for lecture course) Aug 23
- QoSMOS D6.4: Flexibility, robustness and cognition (Keith Briggs, editor) April 30
- Comparison of contention-based protocols for secondary access in TV whitespaces (with Richard MacKenzie). SDR'12 — WInnComm Brussels 27–29 June.
- Towards spectrum micro-trading (Pål Grønsund, Richard MacKenzie, Per Hjalmar Lehne, Keith Briggs, Ole Grøndalen, Paal E. Engelstad, Terje Tjelta). FuNeMS 2012.
- Cognitive radio systems evaluation: measurement, modeling and emulation approach (Deepaknath Tandur, Jonathan Duplicy, Kamran Arshad, David Depierre, Janne Lehtomaki, Ulrico Celentano, Luis Gonçalves, Keith Briggs). IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine (special issue on applications of cognitive radio networks), 7 (2012) 77–84.
- Business opportunities and scenarios for cognitive radio systems (QoSMOS WP1 white paper). Per Hj. Lehne, Richard MacKenzie, Ole Grøndalen, Pål Grønsund, Keith Briggs
- The two Ebbsfleets in Kent. Journal of the English Place-Name Society 44, 5–9
- Watermills called Twygrind. Journal of the English Place-name Society 44, 10–11
- Two thirteenth-century by-names: Fukkebotere and Smalfuk. Nomina 35, 141–3
- Bixley. Journal of the English Place-Name Society 43 (2011) 43–54
- Cognitive context acquisition (QoSMOS WP3 White paper). Kamran Arshad, Keith Briggs et al. pdf
- The battle-site and place-name Ringmere. Notes & Queries 58(4), December 2011, 491-492
- Some thoughts on coferan treow. Draft MS Nov 02
- Was Hægelisdun in Essex? A new site for the martyrdom of Edmund. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History, XLII (part 3, 2011), 277-291
- Book chapter: Optimal trip planning in the presence of random delay. In European Success Stories in Industrial Mathematics ed. Thibaut Leury et al., European Science Foundation, Springer 2011. Book launch website.
- Incorporating tight colouring into distributed heuristics for wireless channel assignment (with Sharon Bullimore). Submitted to Distributed Computing August 3
- Early English region-names with the suffix -ia, with a special emphasis on the name Ely. Draft paper completed July; presented in a shorter version as Power and place-names: did early English rulers use Roman-style province names? at the meeting Power and place in Later Roman and early medieval Europe, UCL 10-12 November 2011.
- Optimal trip planning in timetabled transport systems possessing random delays (with Peter Kin Po Tam). Submitted to Transportation Science Jun 10.
- An asymptotic expansion for the mode of the maximum of a set of Poisson random variables (with Linlin Song & Thomas Prellberg). Submitted to Statistics & probability letters. Revised version 05, May 27.
- Monoliteral toponyms. Submitted to Nomina Mar 31
- Asymptotic expansions for enumerating connected labelled graphs.
pdf at arxiv.org Mar 11
- Wireless service provision in TV white space with cognitive radio technology: a telecom operator's perspective and experience (Michael Fitch, Maziar Nekovee, Santosh Kawade, Keith Briggs, and Richard MacKenzie) IEEE Communications Magazine March 2011 64–73. link to pdf
- Evaluation of contention-based protocols for secondary access in TV whitespaces (with Richard MacKenzie). Submitted to Crowncom 2011-02-01
- The place-names of Foxhall in Suffolk. Journal of the English Place-Name Society 42 (2010) 31-42
Watermills called Curebehind. Notes & Queries (2010) 57(4): 490-491 doi:10.1093/notesj/gjq141
The surname Gooch and the name Goche. Notes & Queries (2010) 57(4): 492-495 doi:10.1093/notesj/gjq142
Old English snȳring, *snēring ‘steep place’. Notes & Queries (2010) 57(4): 460-461 doi:10.1093/notesj/gjq143
- Maidenburgh, Geoffrey of Wells and Rabanus Maurus. Nomina 33 (2010), 121-128
- Harrow. Journal of the English Place-Name Society 42 (2010) 43-62
- Clare, Clere, and Clères. Journal of the English Place-Name Society 41, 7-25 (2009)
- OE and ME cunte in place-names. Journal of the English Place-Name Society 41, 26-39 (2009)
- The distribution of distance of certain place-name types to Roman roads. Nomina 32, 43-57 (2009).
- Optimal channel and power allocation for wireless cities (with M. Tijmes) Proceedings of the VTC09 Spring conference, Barcelona.
- A note on the distribution of the maximum of a set of Poisson random variables. Submitted for publication. preprint
- The Domesday Book castle LVVRE. Journal of the English Place-Name Society volume 40, 113-118 (2008)
- Freemantle. Journal of the English Place-Name Society volume 40, 97-111 (2008)
- A note on sampling scale-free graphs. Phil. Trans. Roy. Soc.A 366 2078, Jun 13, 2008
- Networks: modelling and control (discussion editor).
Phil. Trans. Roy. Soc. A 366 2075-2092, Jun 13, 2008.
- Networks: modelling and control (preface & overall editor). Phil. Trans. Roy. Soc.A 366 1877-8, Jun 13, 2008
- Distributed heuristics for full graph partitioning: a model for autonomic deployment of network services (with F. Saffre). Book chapter, submitted (October 31).
- Optimal channel allocation for wireless cities (with A. Ainsworth). VTC2008 Spring
- Cell-area equalization for wireless cities. VTC2008 Spring
- A Gaussian model of public transport performance and its impact on users:
Service failure probabilities in situations of non-constant demand (with
I. Walker), submitted to Transportation Research part B: methodological (September).
- Seven wells. Journal of the English Place-Name Society, 39, 7-44 (2007)
- Modelling train delays with q-exponential functions (with C. Beck) . Physica A 378, 498-504 (15 May 2007).
- Properties of geometric random graph models for wireless network applications (with Linlin Song). Submitted to VTC2007
- Student discovers new links in early communications network, BTtoday extra September 2007, p.8.
- Keith has the inside track on train delays (by Emma Briton), BTtoday May 2007, p.11.
- An experimental stochastic lazy floating-point arithmetic. Proceedings of the 7th Conference on Real Numbers and Computers (RNC7, ed. G. Hanrot & P. Zimmermann), Nancy July 10-12 (2006), page 137.
- Martlesham and Newbourne — a note on two obscure Suffolk names. Journal of the English Place-Name Society 38, 31-36 (2006) pdf.
- Abundant numbers and the Riemann hypothesis. Experimental Mathematics 15, 251-6 (2006)
- Implementing exact real arithmetic in C++, python, and C Theoretical computer science 351, 74-81 (2006a) pdf
- Review of Hypercomplex iterations by Dang, Kauffman and Sandin. Mathematical Intelligencer, Spring 2004 page 74
- Gaussian multi-level FM for high-bandwidth satellite communications, (with Mike Fitch) WTC04
- Traffic models for wireless services, Eurescom report 2004
- Gaussian multi-level FM for high-bandwidth satellite communications (accepted by WTC04)
- Review of Hypercomplex iterations by Dang, Kauffman and Sandin. Mathematical Intelligencer, Spring 2004 page 74
- Some explicit badly approximable pairs Journal of Number Theory,
- Another universal differential equation submitted to Electronic
journal of the qualitiative theory of differential equations
- Analytical solution to Matthews' and Blakeslee's critical dislocation formation thickness of epitaxially grown thin films (with A. Braun) Journal of Crystal Growth, 241, 231-234
- On Furtwängler's algorithm for simultaneous Diophantine approximation (to be submitted)
- Scaling in a map of the two-torus (with Gonzalo Alvarez) Experimental Mathematics, 9, 301-307
- Master equation solution of a plant disease model (with N. Stollenwerk), Physics Letters A274, 84-91
- Solution of a stochastic disease model via spheroidal functions (with N. Stollenwerk), poster, Dynamics Days 99 Como
- The effects of sub-Milankovitch
forcing on initiation of Northern Hemisphere glaciation (with A. Kleczkowski, K. Willis, and C. A. Gilligan).
Science 285 , 568-571.
- Essentially singular solutions of Feigenbaum-type functional
(book chapter: M. T. Batchelor and L. T. Wille (eds.)
Statistical Physics on the Eve of the
Twenty-First Century, pages 65-77, World Scientific 1999)
- Analytic solutions of the Cvitanovic'-Feigenbaum and Feigenbaum-Kadanoff-Shenker equations (with T. Dixon and G. Szekeres)
Int J Bif Chaos 8, 347-357 (1998) MR lookup
Hydrodynamic interactions and some new periodic structures in three particle sediments (with I. K. Snook and E. R. Smith) Physica A 240 547-559
- On the universality of singular circle maps (with T. W. Dixon and B. G. Kenny) Phys. Lett. A231 359-366
- Iteration of quaternion functions (with S. P. Bedding)
American Mathematical Monthly 103, 654-664
- A torus map based on Jacobi's sn
Computers and Graphics 19, 451
- Formal power series solution of functional equations
MapleTech 2, no. 2, 48-51
- Two-body solutions of the Lorentz-Dirac equation
In Confronting the Infinite, A. L. Carey (ed.) World Scientific
- Formal solution of functional equations via algorithmic differentiation Aust Math Soc Gazette 22, 64
- Iteration of quaternion maps (with S. P. Bedding)
International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos 5, 877
- Nonlinear dynamics of charged particles interacting with combined ac-dc
(with C. J. Thompson, P. Farrell, A. Fleming, B.
Hocking, K. Joyner, V. Anderson and A. Wood).
Physica A220, 471-8
- How to stabilize a fixed point ACM SIGNUM Newsletter 29, no. 2, 2
- Series study of the Potts model II (with I. G. Enting and A. J. Guttmann) J. Phys. A27, 1503-1523
- Corrections to universal scaling in real maps Phys. Lett. A191, 108-112. arxiv
- Self-avoiding walks on quasilattices
International Journal of Modern Physics B7, 1569
- Fitting ordinary differential equations to chaotic time series
(with E. and M. Baake and H. Bock). Phys. Rev. A45 5524
- Biological effects of electromagnetic radiation,
Proceedings of the Mathematics in Industry Study Group, Melbourne 1992
- Feigenvalues for Mandelsets. (with G. R. W. Quispel and C. Thompson).
J. Phys. A24 3363-3368
- Positive-definiteness of the mobility tensor in dense colloid
simulations. (with E. R. Smith, I. K. Snook and W. van Megen).
Phys. Lett. A154, 149-153
- A precise calculation of the Feigenbaum constants
Mathematics of Computation 57, 435-439
- An improved method for estimating Liapunov exponents of chaotic time series. Phys. Lett. A151, 27-32
- How to calculate the Feigenbaum constants on your PC.
Aust. Math. Soc. Gazette 16, 89.
- The Billiard Equations
Mathematical Gazette 72, 217
- On the radiation from a rotating dipole
Aust. J. Phys 41, 629
- An exact solution of the relativistic two-body problem
with scalar interaction
J. Phys. A21, 1831
- An exact two-body solution of the Lorentz-Dirac equation
Phys. Rev. A37, 977
- Simple experiments in chaotic dynamics
Am. J. Phys 55 , 1083
Papers not by me
This website uses no cookies. This page was last modified 2017-05-20 11:22